<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 21, 2003

They say it's history in the making...well isn't everything? But I know all that's going to be left in 150 years will be dates. Everyone alive now will be dead or too old to remember. 9/11/01 - WTC Attacted. 3/03 - US at war with Iraq. X number of people died. And no more. The way we don't know about the Civil War or WWI. They won't know how awful life is for the people across the sea and the people at home waiting for them to come back...if they come back. I'm betting there will be movies eventually about noble soldiers in the field, risking it all for the Red, White and Blue. But we're stuck in the middle of it. Never will we be distant enough from this situation to watch a movie like that and not remember our own experiences.

I know people are sick of hearing about the war. It's only just begun and I'm all ready for it to be over. I didn't want it in the first place. I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea what is going on. So at the same time while this horrible thing is happening over there...I'm still here, living my life and working my job. It doesn't have that much of an affect on me at this very moment. I have friends already over there, but not anyone super close. So as long as I don't think about it too much, I have no problem ignoring it.

But do I want to? Hell yes. Like most people, I put on the blinders and just concentrate on me. I can't fix myself, how in the world could I fix this issue? I can't. So instead I write emails to soldiers that say I love you and I wish I could take you out for coffee.

Sorry if this isn't makin sense to you. I just had to get something out. And lord knows who I would talk to about it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?