<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 22, 2003

So yesterday started out bad and stayed that way. P called me at work and said that they wanted to go to a movie. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but I gave them all the movie times. Then finally agreed to go, the Matrix at 6. Well, we planned to meet at Kitchen at 5. I got off work, called Shawn and drove on down there, they weren't there yet. Ok, since I work a block away I figured it was a big deal. Five minutes later I called home and asked when they left. My dad said "about two minutes ago". I freaked out a little bit. I'm impatient. EVERYONE who knows me knows this. I called Shawn back and talked to him for a little while. He was telling me about his day that he spent just relaxing in bed, reading and sleeping. I thought about how much my day sucked already. Then I saw them at the stoplight at 5:23. Shawn and I hung up and I tried to not be too pissed off. But I was. No hiding it. I was broke, starving and didn't have any money or ATM card. So I had to go to Walmart and write a check for over the amount. Oh yeah, I also didn't have my id. So when the cashier asked for it and I didn't have it, she needed to talk to her supervisor. Well after waiting for 5 minutes I told her to just forget it, cancel it out and give me my check back. She didn't know how to do that. So I stood there another 5 fucking minutes until the guy got there and told her that no, they couldn't take my check without id. Well duh, we established that already fuckface. As soon as he gave me my check I walked away trying not to cry. He called after me that it was store policy. Fuck that. Is it also store policy to train your fuckin cashiers? Is it also store policy to take 10 fucking minutes to help a customer? Fuck you.

So I walked around the parking lot for a minute or two until P comes out and gives me a hug. I started crying a bit. I informed her that no, I would not be attending the movie that evening, but I would drop them off and Crusty Monkey could give them a ride back to their car. So I drove them over there and send my appologies to Crusty Monkey for inviting him and then not showing up.

I drove home crying pretty much the whole way. Other people would turn to look at me and I would laugh at them, that was kinda cool, but in general, I just felt like crap. I was still hungry when I got home, so I wandered around the kitchen. When I didn't find anything I wanted to eat or make I started crying again. That was pretty funny too. I just gave up and went to bed. I slept for about a half hour when my dad came in and asked a couple of questions. I mentioned Chineese food, he said he would pay if I called it in. I said I wasn't moving or talking to anyone. After 10 minutes I got up and went to talk to him and my mom. I told them a little bit about my day and cried a bit more. (Like I hadn't enough already.) I went back to bed again, listened to my new cd (audiovent, pretty good) and then fell asleep. I woke up for 15 minutes at 8 to eat. Then slept again until 9. P came and woke me up. We all went downstairs to watch South Park...it was a rerun. Oh well. I talked on the phone with a couple of people and then went to sleep at 11:30

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?