<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 27, 2003

I'm very frusterated with this job.I can't get personal calls at work anymore. What crap. I may be one of the favorites of the manager, but I still don't want to be "caught" with/doing anything that could piss him off. He has a temper.

I stuffed envelops all day yesterday and today. Then last night, one of the reasons it was so bad, I realized that this is not what I want to be doing with my life. I've been doing page design of some sort or another since 7th grade. This is just a bit more advanced. And I don't think I like it. Or it might be ok...if it all weren't so political. I want to try a different area, like actually making an ad. I can't even try because I don't know how to use a lot of these programs... I mean Photoshop 3? Come on, it's not even worth learning. Plus, there is the fact that this company said they would pay for me to take classes on anything, as long as it would benefit the company. Well...the other day Turdy came in and I asked about a photoshop class and she said that it was thousands of dollars and thought that we (the production department) would prolly just read the manuals and have the graphic designer show us stuff. Wha? Damn it! I took this job thinking it would pay for my education and I could gain experience so that I could get a different job. I guess they didn't want me to do that.

So I was thinking this yesterday and that's where the whole bartending on a cruise ship came in. I wouldn't have to worry about a place to live or food. I could see the world (I realize I wouldn't actually get to see a lot, but I wouldn't be in Wisconsin). I would meet new people. I think it would be a lot of fun. Who's comin' with me?

UPDATE: Wow. I looked up some cruise line employment guides and I'm totally drooling. This is what I want to do right now. All I can think of is how it will be so much harder for me to do this next year. Just because I don't want to wait. But first I have to get bartending experience and also finish up the lease on my apartment. I can't imagine living at home again, but why pay rent if I'm not going to be there? I guess I'd have to see how much I would be making...but it's still a long time away. I need to pick up some job applications...quick.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?