<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 05, 2003

So....my life has just died. I thought that since I had my own place I would have a ton of people over...not so much. If anything, there are less people over cause no one knows where I live! It's kinda nice, but...yeah.

I was sitting on my couch reading my awesome new book last night and my phone rings, I answer it and who should it be but Toast's mother. She said that all the paperwork had been completed and I could go see Toast in jail...that night...in an hour. Ok! P and C arrive in the meantime and they put some grocceries away (FOOD YAY!) and did whatever. I left.

Jail is the most depressing thing I've ever witnessed in my life. I'm writing about it so maybe I'll post that later. Then again maybe not. I never have any confidence in what I write. Anyway, I saw Toast. That was great. I didn't really know what to talk about. I told him about my new place and hideous furniture, my job and getting high. We had a conversation about a friend who is prego and it's just scary. There was some memories shared. I dunno, I had a hard time looking at him in the eye while talking on the phone thru glass. I just felt a little weird about the whole thing. I could see him tap the table, I felt him in the table, but the only way I heard it was thru the phone. It was all just a little off. And I'm such a damn flirt! I said something about never having done this before and that Toast was my first. Yeah, I think I blushed after I realized what I said and he laughed. Then later, he said something "just wasn't right" and I chimed in with "yeah, like chickens eating breakfast." He laughed and laughed and it made no sense at all. Maybe he forgot how strange I was. I don't blame him or anything.

He said I was the only one who ever wrote him back consistantly and that I was the only one responsible enough to come see him every week. Well, I felt special for a little while and then thought that everyone should be writing him back, they call him their friend don't they? And damn it! If I'm so responsible and all that, why was I the third person to get chosen as designated visitor? Seriously folks. I'm not going to make a big deal outta it tho.

It is a little strange. He's the second friend of mine to be in jail. The other was a girl that was my best friend from 2nd grade thru 4th grade. We didn't really keep in contact when I moved to Colorado and when I moved back (4-5 years later) I only talked to her a couple of times. She came up to visit once or twice. But she went to jail for battery/assult or something and while in there, I was one of the only people to actually write her. Because of that she now knows that I'm a "true friend" and we hung out even more. I've been trying to get her to come visit me but that's not going to well. She'll call and say she'll be up, but then won't show when I'm expecting her. No big deal tho.

Oh well, moral of the story is I'm a good friend to have while you're in jail.

So the book I got that I just want to read so badly...Trainspotting. My boss told me a while ago to see the movie, but I haven't had time or money to go to the rental place. So instead I find out it's a book and spend $23 on that. It's all good tho cause I need a book to read. I haven't really been reading a lot cause I haven't found one that sucked me in. Well this one sorta did. I'm not that far into it but I'm interested in what is going to happen next. It's all about junkies and is writen in Brittish slang. So it's a little hard to understand at first. But I'm all about it! If I end up not liking it, I'm screwed because I already bought the sequel.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?