Friday, August 22, 2003

Clay called me up while I was at work yesterday. He left a message that I was invited to attend a play with him. Well, I couldn't very well say no. So after work I hurried my ass home, stopped at D's to see her hair (yup it's short) and then took off for Madison. Traffic was awful once I got near town. But only because the signs were telling everyone to merge, so we did (going 5 mph while we did) and then only to realize that it wasn't for miles that we had to do so...after my exit.

I got to see Crusty Monkey! We only talked for a minute or two, but that was good fun. He promised to come visit this weekend or something (I won't hold my breath). Matt came running outside and gave me a big hug, that was super sweet. I miss these guys.

Clay and I drove downtown and surprisingly didn't get lost. We made it into the theater and took our seats. The play started on time but there weren't very many people in the audience. Hmmm...anyway, it was actually two plays The Mother and The Crazy Locomotive. Umm, my mother always said if you can't say anything nice blah blah blah...but forget that. It was really bad. Granted it was a Summer Youth Production, it was still really bad. Both plays have very extreme thinking. All the characters talked really fast so you only had a chance to grasp the theory before they had moved on. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be but...damn gina. The entire second play was performed with all the characters on chairs with wheels, like computer chairs. Kind of cool, but still...didn't make a lot of sense. But congrats to Jailbait (the guy we went to see), he did a good job.

After the play, Clay and I walked down State Street looking for a place to eat and talking about the plays. We stopped at some burrito and taco place and got huge fricken burritos from here. Then we walked to the park and watched Harry Potter while we ate (Movies in the Park baby, yeah). I can't even describe how cool it was to sit on the grass, eat my burrito (which was sooo good) and watch this movie with a good friend. The weather was perfect and the stars were out. Stuff like that makes me want to live in a city. That city. So I can be with all these cool friends.

I had to be getting home, so we drove on back to Clay's. I hugged everyone good bye and took off. As soon as I got on the interstate, my phone rings. It was Em! She wanted to know if I wanted to go to the diner. We ended up talking for 40 minutes. I arrived home at 11:55 pm, took a shower and was ready to go at 12:20 am. So off we went.

It was fun. P and C were already there, my sister was working and I got to eat for free. It was great. The manager sat with us for a bit, because we're that cool. C left around 1:30 and I really should have gotten a ride from her, but no. I had to wait until everyone else was ready to go at 3:30 in the morning. As soon as I got home, I jumped into bed. Only to wake up 3 hours later.

Drugs have taught an entire generation of American teenagers the metric system

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?