<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 18, 2003

I woke up this morning without hearing an alarm at 6:50. I got up, closed the curtains, laid back down and thought "man am I glad it's Sunday, I feel like shit." Then I realized that yesterday was Sunday and that would make today...I don't even want to say it.

Friday - I picked up D's little kid and took him home with me. It's amazing. I haven't seen him in a month or so but he still knows me and doesn't cry when I hold him. In fact, I had to hold him for more than an hour when we first got back to my apartment cause he was scared of the new place. P and McGovern were there and ready to laugh at me when I didn't know how to change a diaper. What? I don't have a kid, I've never babysat.

McGovern and I actually got into a pretty big fight. Like normal everyday talk, we were a bit snippy to each other. I started it. I admit. But he said something along the lines of "You just want a man to tell you what to do." I freaked out on him. That is not something you say to someone. We (P was a bit shocked at that one) were about ready to kick him out. But I played with the baby a bit and calmed down. When the kid's grandparents called at 8:30 and were ready to take him, I dropped him off and drove to Shawn's. We chilled, smoked and talked. He worked from midnight until 8 in the morning, so I went home and got ready for SixFlags.

Saturday - I woke up at 7. Good Lord, I never get to sleep in. But Shawn didn't even get to sleep so... anyway. I met C at the groccery store for donuts and capri sun. I also picked up the tickets for the amusement park. We made plans to go to the lake Sunday and bid each other farewell. I sped my ass to Shawn's house. From there we sped our asses to Gurnee. Of course we didn't get there until 12. Then we stood in line for 2 hours to ride Superman. Yay for that. You sat down on the seat like a normal ride, but after you were strapped in, the seats flipped up so you were looking straight down. And then, on the first big flip, you are near the ground and on your back. It's cool as hell.

We spent most of the day standing in lines. For parking, to get in, for rides, for water, for more rides. We were there 8 hours and went on Superman, the Giant Drop, Raging Bull, the Demon, Vertical Velocity and the Giant Drop again. Fun, but way too long of lines. Most were an hour. On the big sign out front it even read "Park Crowded, Please Visit Another Day."

We left around 9. Shawn was close to falling asleep. But he said if he smoked that he would wake up. Umm, last time I checked, that isn't how it worked. But oh well, we smoked. After that was put out, he was really looking like he was falling asleep. So I drove. That's right, he couldn't let me drive sober, but I got to drive his car when I was baked. Scary. So while he was snoozing in the passenger seat, I was trying to figure out how I got on I894 bypass when I was trying to be on I94. Everything worked out, but it sucked to say the least. I thought I didn't have any adrenaline left but I was mistaken.

When we got to Shawn's, he told me to stay cause he didn't want to drive all the way to my house and he wanted to hang out. So I threw my contacts in some bottle caps and agreed. We smoked more and eventually passed out.

Sunday (sigh) - What a long weekend it already was...I woke up at 10. Woke Shawn up and told him I was leaving. He was supposed to get up and take a shower while I went to my parents and start my laundry, then we were going to go swimming. I did go start my laundry. Then P and I wanted to go to the lake. So when I told Shawn this, he got a little upset. He's a big fan of doing things his way. Who isn't? So he said he was going to stay at home. Oh well. P and I went out to the lake, which was packed full of people. The water was nasty and P has this great fear of seaweed, so we didn't stay long. Instead we went to a hotel and paid $5 each to swim. Laps baby!!!

After swimming we went back to my parents and I finished my laundry. Shawn came over and we went back to my apartment. But in the parking lot, P locked her keys in her car. So we were really locked out. My parents have a spare key, so all Shawn needed to do was run me back over to my parents' and we were in. He got mad tho, that I wouldn't let him climb up the balcony and open the screen door. So to resolve the issues (after getting inside) we smoked. Oh my goodness, it's crazy. I don't know if I like it when Shawn has herb cause when it's mine, I can control how often we smoke. Sure, you may say "oh you could pass if you want" and to that I say nope. It's much easier for everyone if I just indulge. Plus it's fun.

We went and rented House of 1000 Corpses. It was total insanity. And ridiculous. I'm really glad I didn't go see that in the theater. After that, P went and showered, Shawn was "resting, not sleeping" on the couch and I went into my room and listened to Linkin Park's new cd I just purchased. I'm very pleased with it by the way, thanks for asking. I really like Faint and Breaking the Habit.

So here I am on Monday morning, there I said it. It's Monday. And who knows what's going to happen today...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?